ASTRO is a broadly scoped series of contract vehicles encompassing virtually all services supporting or involving manned, unmanned, or optionally manned platforms and robotics.
ASTRO is administered by the General Services Administration’s (GSA) Office of Assisted Acquisition Service (AAS) FEDSIM Organization. It is a family of ten separate, individual, Multiple Award (MA), Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts. ASTRO orders may only be placed by authorized COs within GSA’s Assisted Acquisition Service.
ATC holds a seat in the Mission Operations Pool, which includes performance of operational services not included in data operations associated with manned, unmanned, and optionally manned systems, robotics, and platforms supporting mission performance. This includes traditional labor services as well as “as a service” support.
Benefits of using ASTRO include the following:
- Full support for all types of unmanned systems
- Solutions-based contract includes hardware, software, and operational support for integrated solutions
- Includes all contract types (full fixed-price, cost reimbursement, labor-hour, time & materials, and others, including hybrids)
- Streamlined acquisitions and better accountability
- Full-service administrative office for scope reviews and complete lifecycle support
Why the ASTRO contract?
- Available for use by all Federal government agencies worldwide via FEDSIM
- Provides access to ATC as a pre-certified and “best-in-class” contractor
- Offers full-service support for program management, management consulting, logistics, engineering, scientific and financial services for commercial and non-commercial requirements
- Reduces procurement lead times and administrative costs
- Use for CONUS and OCONUS requirements
- Offers subcontracting flexibility – teaming determined at Task Order (TO) level
- Allows flexibility for all contract types, including hybrids and cost-reimbursement, at the TO level
As an awardee authorized to compete on the ASTRO contract, ATC provides deep domain expertise, problem-solving capabilities, and a results-driven approach across the entire lifecycle of client programs, reaching a wide spectrum of market areas for all aspects of mission operations.
With more than 20 years of experience, ATC successfully manages large, integrated professional service projects for US federal and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) clients worldwide.