The engineer is responsible for analyzing the needs of users, and design, development, test, deploy and maintain simulator software environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Windows, Linux, C, C++, ADA preferred
- Security +
- CASP, CISSP preferred
- Experience developing applications using various software languages.
- Experience with design of databases and user interfaces.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance required