The engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer hardware, including computer systems, circuit boards, computer chips, keyboards, routers, and printers. Supervises the manufacturing, production, and installation of the parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and oversee the production of computer and simulator hardware equipment.
- Test and re-test parts and systems to ensure they work properly as designed.
- Identify and isolate defects.
- Design and develop the software systems that control computers.
- Design and test circuits and other electronic components.
- Test work and refine processes.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
- Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware to users.
- Design support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering or computer science.
- 5 years direct hardware engineering experience
- Familiarity with computer programming is expected.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks preferred.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects at a time
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance required